I love playing team jeopardy to review with my students before tests. The bottom of this post includes the games I’ve made so far.
- Whiteboard/marker/eraser for each student
Whiteboard Jeopardy Rules:
- I post a problem
- Students try on their own for 90 seconds
- They check with/help their teammates for 90 seconds
- I say, “Hold up in 10, 9, 8…..3, 2, 1, HOLD UP” and every student holds up their whiteboard
- Teams earn points if and only if every member has the correct answer and work shown
- I randomly select one person to explain and that team earns an extra point
Emphasize that the purpose is helping everyone review/learn. Make sure you let them know in advance that they can only write on their own boards. Be super strict about talking during the independent work time. If anyone talks, his/her team is disqualified from earning points during that round.
I often just throw together a set of questions on google slides….but here are some fancier games I’ve made using ppt.
6th Grade Mixed Review Game (doesn’t include statistics standards):